In less than a month, our theme camp Gymnasium will come again to the much anticipated Burning Man festival. If you read this and plan to be there, I’m pretty sure you’ll want to visit our camp. And if you wanted to go but couldn’t get tickets, we have good news for you – two tickets and a vehicle pass are available through our camp, please e-mail us or leave a comment here! New members are very welcome!
You can read about our theme camp idea on its page, and check out our last year’s experience, including the famous naked oil wrestling:
This year we shall enjoy our new big fun toy – gymnastics wheel (aka German wheel), which should be a lot of fun to roll on the playa. And given this year’s theme for Burning Man – ‘Da Vinci’s Workshop’, we can use it as a photo booth to take photographs a la Vitruvian Man.
Below is the schedule of our events, but keep in mind that we plan to do even more than we have announced – so stop by our camp at 8:15 & Donatello and you’ll find something fun to do and learn… all in the buff! And what is mind-boggling is that it’s all just a tiny fraction of all the “craziness” that Burning Man is!
- Butt-Cheeky Run Come get your burn started – with the sun’s soft caresses on your butt cheeks! The Ancient Greeks always trained and competed naked – in fact the ’gym’ comes from the word ‘gymnos’, meaning ‘naked’ in Greek. Come experience the amazing freedom of running and jumping and exercising free of clothing! Or at least come and see what a great spectator sport it is:) We’ll do a warm-up at the camp and then run wild in the ‘hood and all the way to the Man!
- Monday, 29 Aug, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Naked Oil Wrestling Wrestling is one of the most fun sports you can ever try. It’s also one of humanity’s oldest and was among the major events of the original Olympics. Long before we were kicking balls around we were rolling around in the dirt, putting each other in headlocks! It doesn’t matter if you’re a complete novice who’s never tried it in your life or an experienced fighter, come along and experience this amazing bonding experience in Gymnasium, Black Rock City’s Ancient Greek wrestling school!
- Tuesday, 30 Aug, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 1 Sep, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, 2 Sep, 1 p.m – additional match at another camp at 2:15 & G
- Saturday, 3 Sep, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Discus-ish Throw in the dark… and in the buff Discus (well, LED-lit frisbee) throw competition followed by ultimate frisbee game (or regular frisbee, depending on the mood). Bare your body, but wear lights! The Ancient Greeks always trained and competed naked – in fact the ’gym’ comes from the word ‘gymnos’, meaning ‘naked’ in Greek. Come experience the amazing freedom of running and jumping and exercising free of clothing! Or at least come and see what a great spectator sport it is:) This is our only night event, but don’t worry about cold – movement will keep you warm!
- Wednesday, 31 Aug, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday, 2 Sep, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Naked Piggy-Back and Wheelbarrow Run Race Bare with us for this fun athletic event! Bring your friends, but choose wisely, as you’ll have to bear them on your back, bareback… or vice versa. Great bonding experience guaranteed! The Ancient Greeks always trained and competed naked – in fact the ’gym’ comes from the word ‘gymnos’, meaning ‘naked’ in Greek. Come experience the amazing freedom of running and jumping and exercising free of clothing! Or at least come and see what a great spectator sport it is:) PS In ancient Olympics this would have been an equestrian event, but BMORG wouldn’t let us bring horses…
- Friday, 2 Sep, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Greek Dance workshop Let’s dance like it’s… Bacchanalia! Well, not only, but you’ll have fun learning ancient and modern folk dances from Greece. You’ll learn the distinction between the calm and lyrical Apollonian dance and the passionate, “orgasmic” Dionysian dance.
- Saturday, 3 Sep, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Nude Yoga + Wine Nude yoga and acro-yoga – for a better flow and connection 🙂 We’ll end the session with drinking wine in your favorite poses, as Ancient Greeks sometimes drank wine in acrobatic poses at their symposiums. Then you could stay for our philosophical discussions sessions. Free your body, free your mind!
- Monday, 29 Aug, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 1 Sep, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 4 Sep, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Naked Philosophy Nudity has the power to surprise and shock, yet why, on reflection, can something as mundane as the naked body inspire simultaneously so much passion and revulsion? To be naked in 21st century western society demands intense self-examination, the questioning and reappraisal of conventional conventions and morality. In this sense, naturism, as the cultural and political movement of nudism is often known, is an inherently philosophical practice. And what better way to do philosophy than naked? We’re sure your college seminars would have been much more fun nude. Come and join us for lively discussions, debates and story-telling. We’ll be discussing naturism, body image, sharing experiences, debating body modification, if and how laws should be changed – really everything related to the human body.
- Monday, 29 Aug, 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday, 1 Sep, 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Sunday, 4 Sep, 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Hope to see many of you there!
8 thoughts on “Gymnasium schedule at Burning Man 2016 + 2 tickets available for new campmates”
Hi dear Active Naturists
I’d love to join you at Burning Man if you still have the tickets. I need two tickets one for me and one for my boyfriend. We traveled all the way from Germany and we are in San Francisco right now. Looking forward to having a reply from you.
+1 415 758 8007
that was 2016 😉
Have an amazing time guys. Sick video, it truly looks Greek!
Have never been and don’t need vehicle pass. How do I apply for free ticket ?
LikeLiked by 1 person
it’s not a free ticket! we have tickets to sell for face value 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person